New Pay By Mobile casinos are always emerging, as this fast and safe payment option keeps growing in popularity. If you are looking for a way to make deposits with a simple SMS message without having to provide personal information, Pay by Mobile is a good option to try at new online casinos. In this article, we will be providing you with all the information you need to know about Pay by Mobile casinos including how to deposit, advantages and disadvantages, along with safety and security features. Our top choice is Monster Casino, offering a fantastic welcome bonus, but you can also see our full list of the new casinos that accept Pay By Phone below.
Monster Casino: Our Top Choice for Pay by Mobile Casino
We selected Monster Casino as it is renowned for its diverse game selection with strong security measures and convenient mobile play primarily catering to UK players, but it is available worldwide. If you’re looking for an impressive welcome bonus at a pay-by-phone bill casino, Monster Casino is a safe option that will enhance your online gaming experience.
Why Do We Like Monster Casino?
- Diverse game library
- Sports betting options available
- Strong security measures
- UKGC & MGA license
How We Rate New Pay by Mobile Casinos
To ensure players make the most of their playing experience, we evaluate new Pay by Mobile casinos based on the following 10 factors:
- Regulatory compliance and licensing
- Security measures
- Game variety
- Player experience
- Customer service
- Bonuses and promotions availability
- Transaction speed
- Payment method options
- Responsible gambling resources
- Transparency and fairness in gameplay
If you want to learn more about our rating criteria, we will go into more detail below:
- Regulatory compliance and licensing: We ensure that the pay-by-mobile casino is licensed and regulated. If trustworthy authorities such as MGA and UKGC license the casino, we will recommend it wholeheartedly.
- Security measures: Playing at casino sites, you can pay by phone bill is one of the safest options, but we need to consider the casino’s security measures. If we give a positive rating for security features, it means that the casino prioritises essential safety features such as firewalls and SSL encryption.
- Game variety: Games are the bread and butter of any pay-by-mobile casino, and that’s why we note the variety and quality available. If players have multiple options from popular titles and various options to choose from, this increases the playing experience. We even look at the providers of these games, giving higher ratings to new casinos with high-quality offerings.
- Player experience: The overall experience of the online casino site such as speed, website layout, and ease of navigation, are all important aspects when playing. When a new pay-by-phone casino can provide a great player experience, we factor this positively into our ratings.
- Customer service: Being able to provide players with responsive and helpful customer service is a top priority for us. If customer support has multiple contact channels, such as live chat and phone support, and informative responses in a timely manner, we will favour the casino by rating it highly.
- Bonuses and promotions availability: We examine the bonuses available and the quality offered by the pay-by-phone casino. If the casino restricts players when claiming bonuses by imposing stringent conditions, we will update our ratings accordingly.
- Transaction speed: The advantage of using pay by mobile is the quick deposit time. If a pay-by-mobile casino sticks to the speedy deposit times, players are able to play instantly, and we consider this beneficial.
- Payment method options: Even though pay-by-mobile is the primary method we are looking at, we still examine the additional payment methods available. If casinos can provide a wider amount of deposit options, we take this into consideration as it provides players with more convenient options should they want an alternative.
- Responsible gambling resources: Responsible gambling tools provide players with the resources to manage their bankroll and play responsibly whilst keeping gaming fun. If pay-by-phone casinos do not offer the appropriate tools, we will downgrade their ratings as they do not take player safety seriously.
- Transparency and fairness in gameplay: All pay-by-phone casinos will prioritise keeping the gameplay the provide fair and transparent. If a casino clearly displays the game’s RTPs and, even better, is audited by external, reliable organisations such as eCOGRA, we will reward them with higher ratings.
Why Should You Trust NewCasinos Ratings?
To guarantee that the information we provide on new pay-by-phone casinos is correct and impartial, the NewCasinos team have allocated the following:
- 2 experts to evaluate new pay-by-phone casinos
- 43 hours for testing these new casinos
- 5 hours monthly dedicated to updating our information
- Over 26 hours were spent carefully selecting our recommended pay-by-phone casinos
Each pay-by-phone casino undergoes thorough review by at least two of our team’s editors, ensuring that the casinos we recommend are legitimate and up to date.
What are Pay by Mobile Casinos?
Pay by mobile casinos are online casino sites where players deposit funds into their accounts using their mobile phones. If you would like a convenient and secure deposit option which does not require traditional banking methods, these casinos provide a quick and easy solution. This method typically involves charging the deposit amount to the player’s monthly phone bill or deducting it from their prepaid balance. Although pay by mobile is typically limited to deposits only, players will need to choose an alternative method for withdrawals.
Are Pay by Mobile Casinos Safe?
Pay by Mobile casinos are considered safe due to their use of secure mobile billing methods. If you use this payment method at casinos, your financial data remains protected, as you’re not directly sharing sensitive information banking details with the casino itself. This minimises the risk of your data being compromised. The transactions are processed through your mobile phone provider, which typically has robust security measures in place. As with any online transaction, it’s important to play on reputable casino sites that have the appropriate license and are regulated to ensure the highest levels of safety and fairness.
What are the Requirements to Use Pay by Phone at Casinos?
To utilise the pay-by-phone method at casinos, you will need the 5 following requirements:
- Active mobile phone & number: This method is compatible with both smartphones and basic feature phones, but you must have an active mobile phone with a working number.
- Monthly mobile plan or pay-as-you-go: You will either need a prepaid phone that has sufficient credit to cover the deposit or a contract with a mobile phone operator that allows for charges to be added to your monthly bill.
- Registered casino account: You must be registered with an online casino (any of your choice), that accepts pay by phone as a payment method.
- Compatible network provider: Ensure that your mobile phone network provider supports these pay-by-phone transactions, although we have found that most major carriers usually do.
- Verification of mobile number: Some casinos may require you to verify your phone number before you can use it to make payments.
We have outlined 8 key features when it comes to using pay-by-mobile casinos:
|SMS, Carrier encryption protocols
|$/£/€ 1 (depends on the casino)
|$/£/€50 usually (limited by Casino)
|Depends on the mobile carrier
|N/A, as withdrawals are not supported
There are 7 main advantages when paying by phone at casinos:
- Convenient: The payment process is simplified as the casino deposits are charged directly to your phone bill.
- Safe and secure: There is an extra layer of security since you don’t need to provide bank account details to the casino directly.
- Simple: Pay by mobile makes deposits simple, with just a few clicks on your smartphone.
- Controlled bankroll: The daily deposit limits associated with this payment method help players manage their gambling budget more efficiently.
- Bank account not needed: Paying by mobile is a great alternative for those who do not have a bank account or prefer not to use their bank details online.
- Instant transactions: Deposits are swiftly processed, allowing for instant gameplay.
- Protection of privacy: Transactions won’t show up relating to gambling activities when your phone bill is paid.
We have noticed 6 disadvantages when using pay by mobile:
- Withdrawals not available: Because of how the infrastructure of transactions is set up, it is currently not possible to request withdrawals so players will have to find an alternative.
- Lower deposit limits: When paying by mobile, both the carrier and casino will have lower deposit limits set when compared to other payment methods. This might not suit high rollers.
- Regional availability: Availability of the pay-by-phone service differs depending on your location, varying across different countries and regions.
- Potential fees: Some casinos or mobile carriers will charge a fee when players use this service.
- Dependency on mobile networks: This method is not supported by all mobile networks, or if you are having issues with the network, it could affect your ability to make deposits.
- Billing issues: By paying via your mobile phone bill, you create debt with your network provider and not an actual payment provider (i.e. Visa, Mastercard etc). If there are any complications with the billing, it will be the phone company that you’ll need to deal with and not just the casino, although they should provide some specific guidance on the matter.
For this type of payment method very little is needed to start topping up your online casino account. After you have opened your account in one of the new casinos above and you are ready to make a deposit, the casino will send you the number that you have to text whenever you want to top up your account. Let’s get into some details.
Step 1 – Choose a Casino
Choose one of the casinos listed above and after you are satisfied with the casino features, sign up and navigate to their payment page.
Step 2 – Select a Method
Next, select the Pay By Phone method you want to use (this may be Boku or Siru, for example).
Step 3 – Enter the Amount
Now enter the amount of money you wish to deposit. Be sure to check the casino’s minimum/ maximum deposit limits beforehand (more info below).
Step 4 – Add Your Number
Next, you’ll need to input your phone number. This is essential so that your chosen casino is able to bill you and to verify your identity. You’ll be asked to follow some specific prompts to complete your transaction, before confirming it. This typically involves sending an SMS to the casino.
Step 5 – Confirmation
The site will send you a confirmation text message once your account has been credited. The time taken for this to happen varies from casino to casino, it could be just a few minutes or a couple of days. The amount of money credited to your casino account will now be added on to your next phone bill and you are ready to play your favourite casino games.
It’s good to know who the main providers are for this service so you can be sure you’re using a trusted service when they appear on your phone bill.
- Payforit: This is a UK-based spin-off of SimPay who focus on providing Pay by Phone services.
- Zimpler: Another popular payment method that lets you deposit by adding your phone number when prompted followed by the unique code they send.
- Boku: Boku is one of the most popular providers in the pay by phone space and is an option at many of the top online casino sites.
Is there a Minimum / Maximum deposit limit?
- Yes. Minimum deposits for pay by phone casinos differ but usually stand at £5, £10 or £20.
- The maximum pay by phone deposit amount tends to be around £50.
- The casino should always cover the exact process and requirements in-depth on their sites.
Do I Need a Specific Phone Type?
The short answer is no. You don’t need a specific phone to make payments as it’s usually enabled via SMS and pretty much all handsets can accept those. If you plan to use a pay by phone apps like Boku or Zimpler, you’ll need a smartphone capable of downloading the app. But Boku still allows you to use the service without having to download an app, so even an old Nokia will do the trick if you want.
Can I Pay via a Landline?
It’s easy to think that you’ll need the latest and greatest handset to enable you to pay via your phone at an online casino. In the UK, that’s not the case as you can actually use a simple landline to top up your casino account.
BT is the only UK operator to allow payments by landline, catering to customers who may be of an older generation and less inclined to own a mobile phone. It’s also a terrific option for players who misplace their smartphones but don’t want to miss out on trying their luck online.
Which Phone Network Can I Use to Deposit By Phone?
The good news is that virtually all mobile phone carriers empower customers with the freedom to pay by mobile phone at a casino. O2, Vodafone, EE, Virgin, Three Mobile, Sky and more offer the Pay By Phone service on their networks. If you are looking for an easy way to play on the go, this service ensures a seamless payment experience as long as you have a network signal.
Can I Use Different Currencies?
While you can use this service to pay via any currency in theory, service providers and casinos tend to limit the number accepted, especially because your mobile bill is already set in a given currency, so this might not be an option for some players. Be sure to check your chosen casino accommodates the currency that you wish to use beforehand to avoid disappointment and frustration. Our experts always list all the banking options available with every casino we review. Take the time to check these out before you sign up anywhere online.
The good news is that most online casinos allow you to make deposits by phone without impacting your casino bonuses. After all, why would casino brands risk losing customers if they don’t accommodate their payment requirements and fail to deliver on a tempting deal?
However, some casinos may place restrictions on which payment methods qualify for a specific bonus, which is, unfortunately, the case with Skrill and Neteller sometimes. Be sure to check the terms and conditions of bonuses before you attempt to claim them. If in doubt, contact the casino support team for further advice before you go for those juicy bonus spins on your favourite slot games; better check to not miss out a good offer. It is also the case that wagering requirements usually apply.
Comparing Alternative Deposit Options at Casinos to Pay by Phone Bill
Below, we are comparing the similarities and differences of 6 popular alternative payment options used to deposit at new casinos:
- Debit cards
- Bank transfers
- Prepaid Cards
How are debit cards similar?
- Debit cards like Visa and Mastercard are widely accepted at UK casinos
How are debit cards different?
- You would need to share your card details with the casino
- Debit cards will have higher deposit limits than Pay by Mobile
How are e-wallets similar?
- Transactions by e-wallets like PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller are quick and secure
How are e-wallets different?
- Unlike Pay by Mobile, you are able to deposit and withdraw with e-wallets
How are bank transfers similar?
- Both bank transfers and Pay by Mobile are secure payment methods
How are bank transfers different?
- Bank transfers have slower processing times when used to deposit, usually around a week
- Deposit limits will be higher when compared to Pay by Mobile
How are prepaid cards similar?
- Anonymous transactions
- Help control and limit overspending
- Doesn’t support withdrawals
How are prepaid cards different?
- Typically have higher deposit limits
- You can only spend what is on the card as they are paid in advance
How are cryptocurrencies similar?
- Crypto, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, provide private and secure transactions
How are cryptocurrencies different?
- The Pay by Mobile method is more commonly accepted
- Not allowed at UK casinos
- The value of cryptos is more volatile
There are many reasons to use Pay by Mobile as a payment method, most outlined above. But easy-of-use, speed of transactions and an added level of anonymity are amongst the top reasons.
At the top of the page, we have prepared a list of recommended casinos where you can use the Pay by Mobile method.
It’s very safe to use the Pay By Mobile option as long as you don’t lose your mobile phone or don’t give it to strangers. If it happens you should block it with your carrier and if possible, inform your online casino to block any deposits until you find it or acquire a new mobile phone.
This depends on the casino’s policy, which might impose a fee, and your mobile carrier may have charges for using your phone bill as a payment method. It’s best to confirm the casino’s terms and conditions and your mobile service provider to check if any additional costs may be incurred.
Yes, this will be established by your mobile carrier. The daily limit is £30 by default, which is significantly lower compared to other popular payment methods such as debit cards and e-wallets.
You can use any mobile phone with a SIM card, you don’t need to own a smartphone or any specific device to use Boku as a payment method, just make sure you have signal in the area and you are good to go.
Yes, we haven’t seen any Pay By Mobile casino that does not accept cards, vouchers and even some cryptocurrencies as payment methods. Some of the options may vary depending on your country of residence.
Yes, you can because all of the Pay By Mobile options only allows deposits. So you will be prompted to select another payment method when you request a withdrawal.
While you cannot withdraw your winnings in the same way you deposit with Pay by Mobile, you can use your other preferred payment methods to cashout.
Casino Payment Specialist
Ryan Spencer stands out as an expert Casino Payment Specialist, deeply versed in the nuances of online casino payments. He's an authority on a range of payment methods, ensuring players can effortlessly handle deposits and withdrawals. Ryan is dedicated to offering secure and convenient transaction solutions, keeping abreast of the latest industry trends and technologies.