This digital payment method was founded in 2014 in Hong Kong, based on blockchain platforms but with a very different twist to that of other cryptos. Tether is known as a ‘stablecoin’, it uses the Omni protocol and ERC20 tokens, and whilst this may sound complicated, it really isn’t.
Tether can be viewed as a ‘token’ rather than a cryptocurrency, and each token is pinned to a standard fiat currency. Since its launch, Tether has risen to become one of the top stablecoins and offers new online casino players greater stability in terms of volatility than other cryptos, whilst still keeping their transactions anonymous. Find out more about the key features and benefits in this Tether review.
Casinos Offering Tether Games
- Decent welcome bonus pack
- Cryptocurrencies accepted
- 24/7 player support
- Bitcoin games available
- UK players not accepted
- No phone support
- Fast 4-hour withdrawal processing time
- Cryptocurrencies accepted
- Bitcoin jackpots available
- Only Curacao license at the moment
- Over 4,000 games available
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Sports betting available
- Only English support
- A large library of games with variety of game types from different providers to choose from
- Many bonuses and rewards to enjoy for existing players
- A very attractive welcome bonus for all new players
- A few payment options provided
Tether Gambling vs Bitcoin
- The main difference is that Tether is a stablecoin that is ‘tethered’ to another standard fiat currency. This means that the coin enjoys relative stability, unlike Bitcoin which is a volatile cryptocurrency that fluctuates in value from day to day, Tether preserves its value even during downtrends.
- Bitcoin is completely decentralised, meaning that it operates without the banks or governments input, whilst Tether operates on a decentralised system where it is ultimately linked to centralised currencies.
- Finding a Tether casino could be tricky, as this coin isn’t as popular as Bitcoin.
- Tether is linked to only a small handful of standard currencies, whereas Bitcoin is totally flexible and widely accepted.
Is Tether Safe to Use?
Enjoying some Tether gambling has never been safer, the company boasts some of the most up to date cryptography as well as all transactions being stored anonymously and securely on the Bitcoin blockchain, which is the most established and secure blockchain in existence.
Online casino players can have full peace of mind that Tether backs all of its users’ transactions with its own reserve of standard currencies, as well as offering highly secure payments which can be sent all over the world in seconds, whilst adhering to strict global regulations and laws.
How Does Tether Work?
Before getting hold of your Tether, you will need to download a wallet to store your coin in and these can be obtained online or from the Tether website. Setting up an account with Tether is easy, you will need to go through a KYC procedure to help minimise the risk of fraud and in accordance with anti-money laundering laws.
Once this is completed you can then purchase your chosen standard currency through the website using a bank transfer, which is then converted to Tether coins that are instantly available in your selected wallet.
Best Tether Games
Getting involved in any of the Tether games out there will add some serious fun into any online casino players experience, and whilst playing with regular cryptos could see the value of a win increase or decrease from one day to the next, playing with Tether will afford maximum stability that winnings will not lose any value.
There are some really great casino games available at many of the Tether casinos, and players can expect to find hundreds of 5 reel, 3D Tether slots, as well as fully stocked live casinos, poker, sports betting and simple Tether dice games.
1. Which standard currencies can I use with Tether?
Tether can be pinned to Euros, US Dollars and offshore Chinese Yuan.
2. Are there any fees associated with using Tether?
There is an initial one-off fee for setting up an account to purchase Tether, but after this, there are no fees associated with transactions. Online casinos may implement minimum deposit and withdrawal amounts, but there should be no fees associated with using Tether as a payment method.
3. Can I claim a welcome bonus from a Tether casino?
Yes, and players will find huge amounts of bonus spins, cashback, and deposit bonuses available for signing up to any new casino.
Some crypto-friendly casinos will also offer a faucet, that rewards you with handfuls of coin for signing up, they act like a Tether casino no deposit bonus, and over time can soon amount to coins to exchange for bonuses or even to withdraw.
4. Does Tether offer customer support?
Yes, it does and users can email the company directly for assistance using a contact form available on the Tether website.
5. How fast are payments at a Tether casino?
Extremely fast, and transactions can be carried out in a matter of seconds- giving you more time to enjoy your game and quicker access to your winnings.
6. Will I be eligible for promotions at a Tether Casino?
Absolutely, and players will find plenty of regular promos available at Tether casinos to take part in.
7. Do max bonus bets apply when using Tether?
Yes, they do and we would always advise that you consult the online casino’s bonus terms to check this out before claiming a bonus.