American Express Casinos
American Express is definitely one of the most widely known credit cards and casino payment methods worldwide and one of online gamers’ favourite and safest casino payment options – especially if you’re in the US.
Looking for no fees, instant deposits and fast withdrawals, loyalty programs and a safe payment method while playing at your favourite new online casino? Keep reading and get to know all about American Express Casinos.
Latest American Express Casinos 2020
American Express is a payment method that does not charge any fees, has an instant transaction time and works with all currencies.
If you would like to make sure you are on the right path, you can compare casinos accepting American Express in detail. But for now, take a look at a full list of the latest American Express Casinos below:
- 1,000+ quality games
- Massive welcome bonus package
- 24/7 player support
- Pay N Play casino (fast sign-up)
- UK players may not be accepted
- Steep minimum withdrawal amount
- No jackpot games
- Pay and play with crypto
- Lucrative 5-step welcome offer
- 24/7 support, live chat, email, and phone
- 1,400 games
- Limited withdrawal methods
- No regular bonuses/promos
- No jackpot games
- 4,000+ games
- Cashback rewards
- Exclusive VIP program
- Creative regular promos
- Only licensed in Curacao
- High minimum withdrawal amount
- No network jackpots
- 1,700+ games
- Good range of regular promos
- Low wagering
- Extensive live casino
- Limited support hours
- Small welcome offer
- Possible payment fees
- Live Bets, eSports, Sports Betting and Casino Games
- A Good Range of Bonuses and Rewards
- Excellent Loyalty Program
- High Number of Restrictions
- A Limited Number of Payment Options
- A good range of casino gaming options to suit different players
- A wonderful welcome bonus for all new players
- A highly rewarding loyalty scheme where all players are allowed to enter
- Only a few payment options allowed
- Customer support services available only from 8.00am to 6.00pm from Monday to Friday
- A wide selection of over 3000 casino games in all categories
- Reliable customer support services offered round the clock
- An amazing welcome package rewarding new players on their first, second, third and fourth deposits.
- Limited payment options allowed
- A high number of restricted countries
American Express UK: Warning
In April 2020, the UKGC banned all credit cards for online casinos, therefore, players in the United Kingdom can no longer use credit cards to make transactions to and from an online casino.
However, there are still plenty of other payment options to choose from that will definitely suit your needs.
American Express Short Facts
|Currencies||All where it’s accepted|
|Security||4 Digit PIN code and encrypted servers|
|Transaction time||Instant deposits, withdrawals can take up to 5-7 business days|
|Min. Transaction||Usually €5-10 for Deposit – €20 for Withdrawals|
|Deposit Fee||Normally No.|
|Withdrawal Fee||Normally No.|
Advantages of American Express
Safe and reliable
Being a company with so much history, American Express is definitely one of the most reliable and safest payment options around. On top of that, Amex maintains customer support services on a 24/7 basis for all queries.
Loyalty programs and offers
American Express offers several loyalty programs for their customers, from points to exclusive deals and benefits that make this card a strong option.
Quick deposits and withdrawals
The company offers fast and swift transactions so you don’t have to wait to start playing at your favourite online casino. For withdrawals, however, it can take a few extra days and up to 7 days in some cases.
Disadvantages of American Express
American Express charges fees for some of their cards, which can become very hefty depending on the type of card you acquire. Check these fees before requesting or using your existent card. Try to learn about taxes in your jurisdiction as well.
Not accepted in all casinos
Some casinos don’t accept credit cards or in many cases, just accept the more popular Visa and MasterCard brands. You can either look for American Express casinos only or consider having another payment method set up.
How to get an American Express Card
All you have to do to get your very own American Express Card is to enter their website and apply for a pre-qualification. This way, they will analyse your data and see which cards are more suitable for you and your needs.
After you’re approved, they’ll send you your own American Express Card and you can link it to your bank account and start using it.
Just a few steps to get your American Express Card
- Enter the American Express website
- Apply for a pre-qualification
- Wait to be approved
- Get your own American Express Card
How to deposit at an American Express Casino
To deposit using your American Express card is pretty straightforward, and you’ll have to follow the steps you naturally already follow when depositing in your favourite new online casino.
Go to the Cashier page and select American Express as your payment option and how much you wish to deposit. Once the transaction is completed, which is usually instantly, you can start playing!
Just a few steps to deposit at an American Express Casino:
- Enter the Cashier page on the casino.
- Select American Express as the payment method.
- Set the amount you would like to deposit.
- Confirm and wait for the transaction to be completed.
How to make a withdrawal with American Express
The steps you must follow to withdrawal using your American Express are almost the same as the ones to deposit – enter the Cashier page and select the bank account linked to your American Express and enter your card info and how much you wish to withdraw. Please note that withdrawals to your American Express card may take up to 5 business days to be completed.
Safety and security
American Express offers its customers some of the most high-end security a credit card company can offer. From well-known bank security encryption to anti-fraud support and your very own 4-digit PIN password.
American Express Requirement
The requirements to get an American Express card to vary according to the type of card you apply to, which is why they will evaluate your personal information in your pre-qualification before you’re approved.
American Express FAQs
1. Why use American Express at new casino sites?
American Express is a solid company which offers a safe and reliable payment method for all online players who are looking for quick transactions for a no-hassle gaming experience for players in many countries.
2. How to link bank accounts to American Express?
Once you are approved and in hands with your American Express card, all you have to do is contact your local bank to link it to your bank account.
3. How to make a deposit in an American Express casino?
To deposit with American Express, simply enter the Cashier page and select it as your preferred payment method. Insert your card info and how much you wish to deposit – after that, you’re ready to start playing, once your deposit is approved, which is usually instantly.
4. How to make an American Express withdrawal from your player account?
To cash out your earnings from your online casino using American Express, you’ll enter the same Cashier page as if you were to deposit and select Withdrawal. Then, select American Express as your preferred method and how much you wish to withdraw. Remember that withdrawals with your American Express card can take up to five business days.
5. Is it safe to use American Express in an online casino?
Absolutely, American Express is as safe as it gets – they require a 4-digit PIN on all transaction and apply standard bank encryptions to all your online transactions. The 24/7 customer support also helps to put your mind at ease.
6. Are there fees for using American Express?
There usually are a few annual fees for using American Express cards, but when it comes to deposits and withdrawals it is usually covered by the casino. Check the casino T&Cs to make sure.
7. What are the best alternatives to American Express?
Alternatives to American Express could be the widely known Visa and MasterCard credit and debit cards. You will hardly meet an online casino that does not work with those payment methods. If you live in the UK, you can also have a look into other options such as EcoPayz and Neteller.