The game of Live Baccarat has been intriguing punters for years, thanks to its many available variations. It is also a game that has been made famous by Mr James Bond, so it comes as no surprise that many players are interested in playing this classic casino game.
Baccarat has been around for more than 500 years, and the game is known for its simple rules and low house edge, making it a very popular choice among beginner players looking for a casino thrill.
Find here a comprehensive guide on how to play live baccarat games and what to expect once you arrive at the live baccarat casino lobby. Learn how the game is played, its rules, and the best variants available out there for you to try.
The main objective of Live Baccarat is to make a successful prediction on two hands, namely The Player or Banker. The hand value closest to 9 wins.
The playing cars all come with assigned values as follows:
- All aces are worth 1 point
- Cards between 2 and 9 are worth at face value
- 10 and face cards are worth 0 points
All hand values are calculated by adding the points together. If the total sum comes to a double-digit number, then the second digit is the hand’s total value.
For example, if the total sum of a hand is 15, then the hand value is 5.
What are the Game Rules and Bets for Playing Live Baccarat?
Once you know the values of the cards and hands, you need to learn how a Baccarat hand plays out according to the rules available.
For a Player’s hand, the following rules apply:
- If a Player (or Banker) is dealt a total of 8 or 9 on the initial two cards, it is known as a ‘natural’ hand. That hand wins, and a new game begins. A natural 9 will always beat a natural 8.
- If the Player’s initial two cards total between 0 and 5, then a Player must draw a third card.
- If the Player’s initial two cards total to 6 or 7, they cannot request a third card. The banker, in this case, will draw on a total of 0 to 5.
The Banker also adhered to a fixed set of rules as follows:
- If the Banker has a two-card score of between 0 and 2, it automatically draws a third card.
- A two-card score of three also draws a third card if the player also draws one.
- A two-card score of four results in a third-card draw if the player draws a card at a score of between 2 and 7.
- A two-card score of five results in a third-card draw if the player draws a third card at a score between 4 and 7.
- A two-card score of six results in a third-card draw if the player draws a third card at a score of 6 to 7.
- If the banker has a two-card score of between seven and nine, it does not draw a third card.
The best live baccarat casinos will also provide plenty of variations of this game. All the games have the same objective but with different rules.
Here are some of the most popular variants of live baccarat available:
- Baccarat: The traditional game consists of the Banker and the Player and is played with 8 decks.
- Speed Baccarat: Same as the standard game, except that the cards are dealt face up and right away.
- Baccarat Squeeze: The player or the dealer can squeeze the cards once they have been dealt.
- Bet on Baccarat: This game throws its focus on various betting options, including side bets.
- Jackpot Baccarat: This game is only supplied by two providers and comes with a progressive jackpot attached.
Players who are tired of playing against software and want a more social touch to their gaming session should head to the live baccarat casino section.
Here are some of the reasons why you should play online Baccarat at a Live Casino:
- Variety of games: You can find a wider choice of Baccarat tables available online.
- Real-life setting: You can play against a real-life dealer in a live setting. You can celebrate and commiserate with other players as you play along.
- Safety factor: None of the games is rigged and all of them are carried out in a safe and regulated setting.
- Live casino bonuses: You can take advantage of special live casino bonuses that can boost your bankroll.
- Mobile compatibility: You can play the best live baccarat games on mobile or tablet.
- Customer support: Many live casinos have a 24/7 customer support service available around the clock.
Playing online baccarat with a live dealer is akin to the software-based version of the game. Follow the below steps to get started right away:
- Sign up for an online casino with live baccarat tables
- Pick the variation that your fancy
- Make a deposit to play the game
- Two hands are dealt, one to you and one to the banker
- Place a bet on the outcome
- Once bets are placed, two cards will be dealt out
- The winning hand is the one closest to 9
Yes. Thanks to the many advancements in technology, you can enjoy gaming on the go, either from your smartphone or tablet. All your favourite live casino games are only a click away. You can either play browser-based games or download a mobile casino app.
Whichever the option, it is important that you have access to a steady internet connection, as live streaming depletes bandwidth and data.
You can sign up for an account, make deposits, play games and request withdrawals. All the options available on desktop are also available on mobile.
There are some key differences when it comes to playing live baccarat or online baccarat. It all depends on your personal preference.
If you prefer playing against a real-life dealer in real-time, the live baccarat is preferred to the most solitary version of online baccarat.
Here are the pros and cons of playing live baccarat vs online baccarat:
- Play against a real-life dealer and interact with other players
- You can place big stakes and win real money
- A slower pace than that of online blackjack
- Different variations of this game are available
Online Baccarat (RGN)
- Not all variations are available at casinos
- You can play in demo mode before playing with real money
- Your bets will count towards wagering contributions in most cases.
⚠️ When playing either version of Baccarat, ensuring that you manage your bankroll carefully is important for a responsible and enjoyable experience.
All the live baccarat variants available online are supplied by some of the most forward-thinking live dealer game providers passionate about the games and the technology. Here are some of the most popular ones:
Evolution Gaming is a leading pioneer in live dealer games. They don’t just supply live versions of classic games but continually create new ones. You can find Baccarat variants such as Live Baccarat Squeeze, Live No Commission Baccarat and Live Speed Baccarat, amongst others in its arsenal.
Pragmatic Play Live
Pragmatic Play has entered the live market in recent years, better known for its online slot games and daily drop and win jackpot games. Players can play the classic Baccarat game or switch into the no commission mode. They also have Live Speed Baccarat in their portfolio.
Playtech is the first game developer to create and produce live dealer games. They also have a myriad of Baccarat variants, including Baccarat Squeeze, Mini-Baccarat, VIP Baccarat and Baccarat Seat 7.
1. Is Live Baccarat Sites Fixed or Rigged?
No, as long as you sign up for a licensed and regulated live baccarat site. The games are independently live-streamed from a professional game provider studio and it’s not controlled by the casino site.
This means you can see a professional shuffler dealing cards, the dealer dealing out cards and even the dealers changing shifts.
2. Can you win real money playing Live Baccarat?
Yes. If you play your cards right, you have the chance to win real money by playing live baccarat. If you are not entirely familiar with the game, we recommend playing online baccarat in demo mode first, so you can learn the ropes without putting your bankroll at risk.
Bear in mind that you are unable to play live baccarat in demo mode.
3. Can you beat the Dealer when playing Live Baccarat?
There is very little that a player can do to beat the dealer in the live baccarat game. Your main aim is to predict which hand totals will be closest to 9. You can take no steps to boost your chances, such as in the game of live blackjack, for example.
Guess correctly, and you have the round. It is always recommended that you are familiar with the rules and the various bets available in this game, especially if you are playing a new variant.
New Online Casino Expert
Valentino Castillo is a well-respected name in the online casino world, known for his expertise as a new online casino analyst and reviewer. He's passionate about online gambling and committed to offering fair and thorough reviews. Thanks to his dedication, Valentino has earned a reputation as a reliable expert in the field.